[meteorite-list] RE: Self-Proclaimed Pairing Issues

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 00:18:50 2006

Thomas,

Take heart. "Almost a year"? Try never. The last
piece I sent to UCLA they claim to never have received
even though people visiting the lab asked about it and
were told probable preliminary classifications. Now
they want a second piece?

Can anyone help me get the "kick me" sticker off my
back?

I don't know where the problem might be. US mail?
UCLA mailroom? Met lab? I suspect the mail room.
"Packages going to this department might have valuable
rocks." But that doesn't explain the verbal
communications suggesting the material was in process.
 Lesson: if you can find a way, have your material
hand carried into the hands of a respected scientist
by someone who can vouch that it was delivered.

I am very disheartened by the whole experience.

Maybe you get what you pay for. It appears I did.

Cheers,
Norm
http://tektitesource.com