[meteorite-list] look out for another ebay scam

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 02:09:09 2006

Sorry to hit on this subject for the third time but after looking into it
some more I have a new opinion,

After checking out his other auctions besides the "California Irons", I see
they look very similar to a previously exposed seller's obviously fake
material. My current opinion is this is probably the same person who changed
his ID in order to continue to perpetrate a scam. I will see if he pays up
on auctions he bid on but will put him on my block list. ..And to think I
felt sorry for this guy after falling reading his hospital story. I really
wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am now convinced he was
engaged with previous fraud under a different ID. I am sure you will
recognize some of the non-meteoritic items by clicking on the link below.
Steve, you were correct with your concerns. I wished you had provided a link
because I only saw his "California Iron" and (0) rating and did not make the
connection at that time. Thinking he was new, I felt it would be better to
give him a chance to prove himself but I now feel differently.

Here is the link that would have helped me decide earlier if I had seen it.
Another case of visual self-classification:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ1489gregbQQhtZ-1

Take Care,

Adam