[meteorite-list] RE: Self-Proclaimed Pairing Issues

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 04:50:18 2006

--- mark ford <markf_at_ssl.gb.com> wrote:
Then the dealer registers it as a trademark,<snip>
Sorry. Entertaining email to try and break the self
interest postings that has nothing to do with science
that some dealers keep posting but even going to that
extreme wont work or keep people away from met issued
numbers.
You cant trademark numbers (Or colors).
Thats why Intel stopped using the 286, 386, 486 naming
system for their computer chips. They could patent the
word "Pentium" that they made up but couldent patent
"586" and the courts in the USA wouldent stop AMD from
using intels numbers to sell their chips.
Maybe we could use numbers at random (Like get the
most recent celebrity to do the job vanna white used
to do) to spin a wheel and get a NWA number to put on
ebay.
Then this stupid monotanous self promoting thread wont
keep coming back to haunt everybody time after time.
Sincerely
Solver of all intergalactic problems if they would
only work
DEAN