[meteorite-list] RE: Self-Proclaimed Pairing Issues

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 04:56:25 2006

Hi Mark and All,

Your suggestion is again a purely commercial point of view. I do not say that it is a wrong way but should not be the only one to my
opinion.

I agree that with current infrastructures it is not possible to have any single rock analysed and classified, but is it really
necessary? When not classified, meteorites can be proposed to collectors, simply mentioning that they are not classified. Many
meteorites are sold this way, dealers selling still with profit -which of course is normal!- and collectors being able to add some
nice pieces to their collection at attractive prices.

Once again there are already some rules by the Nom Com, which to me are sufficient but not followed by everybody. That is the point.
Getting meteorites classified takes time and when having an interesting one it is worth getting into that process -pairings for
instance-. Our modern societies always push us to go faster & faster and those meteorites have been waiting on the ground for ages.
Can't we at least wait for a few months when we want to have them classified?

Best wishes,

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)