AW: [meteorite-list] Gifhorn in the news (in German!)

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 11:23:14 2006

Hi Marcin, list

I didn't attend there the last 2 times, so I didn't wrote a report.
The problem of that fair not growing is that the number of exhibitors isn't
getting larger.
In my eyes it was a mistake to move the date from October to May.
In former times it took place always 1 week before the Munich show (which is
the largest in Europe), so that dealers from overseas or from far away,
could do both shows on one trip.
Same recipe works excellent with flourishing Ensisheim, which is placed one
week before the St.Marie-show, which is also one of the largest minerals
fair in Europe.
Second problem is or was(?) the lack of audience.
I remember in the year I took part in, there were hours, where not a single
visitor got astray to the show room.
Hundred yards away in the pedestrian zone of the town's center at the same
time, it was very crowded with people taking their Sunday walk.
Not a single marker to the show was placed there.
Gifhorn has the same preconditions like Ensisheim, a small town,
So I guess, the problem could be solved,
in setting back the date to 1 week before Munich and a better organised
advertising for the event.

My ten thousand Lei (0.37$)
Martin, the Buckleboo

======
Now my two thousant dollars

Gifhorn was very nice fair 3-4 years ago. I was on fair No 2-3-4 I think but
from the last 2 years it going down. Just find Martin Boockleboo report from
Gifhorn 2005. Anyway if someone live 100-300km far from Gifhorn its not a
problem. But for me and my friends its 800km. Too far to drive only fo
little fun, and in the best years the Poland Team was one of the biggest on
fair, 10-11 persons)

Money in this hobby is very importand thing. We love meteorites but time is
not good and money are importand. I think how to sell to have money for next
meteorites, You think how to buy cheap to get more pieces for Your
collection.
Buying and selling its just half of the fun in meteorite business. Not only
hunt them, watch them, cut/polish them.
I stoped buy meteorites for my collection. I have found other way. I buy
meteorites for sale. It is fun for me and pleasure, also if this not bring
me back big profits. And if in mean time some collectors will be happy from
specimens that they purchased from me it is just extra profit for me.

CU in Ensisheim

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195