[meteorite-list] Personal Thoughts

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 9 03:50:56 2006

Hi,

Indeed, I think this topic is very important, (+ there have been some
well reasoned postings too).

Whilst this is mostly about the commercial impact 'ghost pairings' can
have, I do feel that at the end of the day, the material we buy has to
be what it is sold as, and clearly a 'visual pairing' is not enough to
really say it is paired or in some cases even likely paired, BUT I guess
we could argue how many false pairings have come to light over the last
few years, compared to the number of meteorites that have been traded...

.. Very Very few I suspect, so the system does sort of work ! ....

Best,
Mark Ford