AW: AW: AW: [meteorite-list] insomnia can cause clouding ofconsciousness

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 9 17:17:24 2006

>If Sahara is over and Oman closed, please Stan, tell me where should
>similar
>amounts of meteorites come from?

who says sahara is over? the supply of common material surely is dwindling,
but there doesnt seem to be any signifigant change in the supply of rare
material. heck look at the two new lunars Mike recently mentioned recovering
and the 100kg of achonderites i brought home from tucson this year.

>PS: I missed in the 80ies the ordinary chondrites sold at 50$/kg I guess...
>Btw. Chondrites are said to be the most common type, or else: most
>meteorites are chondrites....

i will give you that. int he time i am talking about common chonderites were
much more expensive than they are today. i am specifically talking about the
rare material.