[meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 13 16:00:52 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 14:20:05 -0400, you wrote:

>Still, he will, in my opinion, retain his personal beliefs about its origin.

I would be shocked if he ever did change his mind. Given the choice between

a.) facing the idea that he WASN'T gifted with a meteorite by The Big Meteorite
Gifter In The Sky and that he WASN'T given a divine revolation on that fact, and
that indeed he has been living many years of his life based on some sort of
psychotic event

and

b.) continuing to believe that he indeed was given a meteorite from Mars and a
vision from God and that all those Damn Dirty Apes... uh, Atheists are just out
to persecute him in an institution-wide conspiracy

then I'd eat the darn Mars meteorite if he doesn't pick option "b."

I'm not suggesting that he is a bad person. He may be the nicest, most
altrustic person in the world. But if he thinks that, while wide awake, God
dangled a laser drafting tool in front of him and told him that he had a Martian
meteorite, then he is either mentally ill or had at the time been sleep deprived
or having side effects of some sort of ingested substance, prescription or
otherwise.