[meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 13 17:04:46 2006

I have written before about this "martian" meteorite but this is
something I sent outside the meteorite list last summer. I've also sent
it to the seller but I've never got any answer back.

There is a similar rock only three hours drive from my home. It's
suspended in a similar way and makes a chiming tone when struck, just
like a church bell.
In Sweden we call these rocks for "tonalite" because of the tones it
gives when struck. If my memory don't fails me it was classified as a
gabbro with a lot of olivine and pyroxene. Some magnetite were also
present in it.
The source of the rock isn't known, but then we have had a thick ice cap
that transported rocks across Sweden.

Here's a picture of it.
http://www.home.neab.net/guest/Tonalit.jpg
... our's bigger...

I would call it a miracle if he got his sold.

  :-)

/G?ran