AW: [meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 13 18:48:05 2006

Hehe,

I'd like the idea, that it could be a specularite.

Anyway, the problem with such people is, as nice they can be,
it is impossible to convince them, that their finds aren't meteorites.
I had several, almost tragic cases, where finders even had confirmations
from different labs, that their stones are very terrestrial,
in such cases they tend to flee into strange conspiracy theories.
Similar to these, how was their name? Bogey Creek lunatics.

All what one can do, to tell them the truth, if they don't believe it,
don't waste your time (only if the finders are in severe danger, e.g. if
they have found, like it can happen here in Europe some munitions or bombs
from WWI+II) it's a free world, where everyone has the right to believe in
what he wants.

Buckleboo!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----