[meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 13 20:15:21 2006

I'm sorry for going a bit off topic here but I couldn't keep this for my
self.

What a coincidens, last week I got a mail from S. Ray DeRusse of Boggy
Creek Collection ( although I liked your name better, Bogey Creek
lunatics, it's more descriptive).

He accuses me of "Mr. Axelsson is engaged in advancing scientific
misconduct and fraud here in the United States and on the meteorite list
group which is a campaign designed to discriminate against minorities
and others"
Then he goes on and sends that mail all around campus to 3
administrators, 19 students and the cleaning department! :-)

The funny thing is that I'm only student on the local university, I'm
working for a totally different university.... ooops, his mistake.

Soon I'm in the good company with the terrible people from "National
labs includes but is not limited to Sandia, Los Alamos, Pacific
Northwest, Oak Ridge National , Argonne National, and others." that
works against him.

What I did? I erased two links from Wikipedia meteorite pages two months
ago. After his mail I went back to search for more and found two more.
Actually one was removed by the Wiki team after my tip with the
explanation "link to non-notable junk science/conspiracy site".

Every day has it's pleasures!

:-)

/G?ran

Btw, specularite is the name of very lustruous hematite blades.