[meteorite-list] How much is a life worth? In meteorite terms?

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 17 17:19:58 2006

Hi everybody

No, I'm not going to try to sell you one of my
children.

I found myself pondering the prices of meteorites on
the way to work this morning whether there are things
MORE expensive than a lunarite!

We're probably all familiar with the following which I
read somewhere on someones website

Gold ~ ?10/g (?1 ~ $1.88)
Heroin ~ ?100/g ($1 ~ ?0.53)
Lunar Meteorite ~ ?500-?1000/g

Knowing that many people may have
spouses/partners/bank managers who do not quite
understand or share our enthusiasm, I did some sums on
how much I've spent

Unclassified NWA ~ ?0.03/g
Brachinite ~ ?50/g
Prescription Medicines ~ ?100/g

No wonder governments all over the world are going
berzerk over the cost of prescription drug costs.
Looking in MIMS I found out how much some of these
drugs cost! The average branded Heart drug costs over
?110/g.

If you look at some of the most modern ones, they'd
set you back ?400/g. Migraine treatments? ?5000/g!

Now I know why GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, MSD et al
are able to buy their reps Mercedes cars!!! (I was a
GSK rep for 4 years and I drove a Merc)

A meteorite will at least last longer than 28 days.
I'm going to start insisting that all my medicines
come in membrane boxes or jewel cases so I can
properly see what I'm taking.

So next time you ponder whether or not that Lunarite
is worth forking out for, just buy it. When you get
older and start needing stuff to keep you alive,
you'll need to sell it to pay for your drugs!

Speaking of which. Three children for sale. I need to
fund my collection

Rob McC, trying to bring fun and perspective to a
challenging world (or an idiot, depending on your
disposition)