[meteorite-list] New Meteorite Part 2

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 17 18:18:15 2006

Sonny C. wrote:

<< 16 hours of hunting for two days.
 9.5 hours of driving time.
 Fuel 162.00 for two days of driving.
 food 20.00 >>

Sonny, I don't know, the 16 hours reduces to a $1000 health benefit, toughens
you up and adds 80 hours to your lifespan, and makes sure you don't waste
your money mesmerized by your eBay, email, or other espend addiction. Not to
mention its putting off diseases of aging and general body breakdown... Half the
driving time exercises your imagination into your personal fantastic and
blissful voyage, but the second half on the way home is where that becomes even.
The fuel of $162 grossed-up with vehicle depreciation and maintenance is $400.
 The food: well you eat anyway, this isn't Enron accounting - maybe you even
saved some money by eating in the great restaurant under the big sky. Besides
you might have given your wife a rest (from cooking of course)....priceless.
All in all I'd agree you're doing ok; other people pump iron at the gym and
spend over an hour round-trip to visit in their Air Conditioned SUV's bouncing
to the beat of heavy music. Not a chance to hear the melodies of the wind
rustling through the flowering ocotillos nor the coyotes honing their tuning
forks around meteoritic iron. Then, there is that nebulous opportunity for a
sense of accomplishment, fame, fortune and a good, honest healthy ego-boost...all
thrown in free as the wind blows.

Now how did the 13g enter the formula of psyche, hunt and passion? Maybe it
is a lot more than you think...E=mc2...13 grams for he who knows how to use it
well has the energy of about 25,000 tons of gasoline, unless I missed a
decimal place somewhere...
Saludos, Doug