[meteorite-list] New Meteorite

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 17 22:06:15 2006

Hi Sonny,

One technique to make it easier to determine magnetic
attraction is to tie a string (about 2-3 feet long)to
a strong magnet (like a neodynium magnet) , hang onto
the string, target on the ground, look down the string
while drawing the magnet close to the target. You will
be able to see very small angular deflections of the
string..... Hard to describe, but easy to do.

Pat