[meteorite-list] Radically Oriented Sikhote-alin AND Some morespectacular meteorite finds.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 19 13:29:02 2006

You are most welcome.
Here is a photo that might dissuade you from prospecting in Oman!

http://meteoriteguy.com/spider.JPG

These suckers are called Camel Spiders, and this is the first time I ever
saw them. It is the latest in the year I had ever gone to Oman, very hot,
even the nightly low was around 75 degrees, so these darned spiders were
EVERYWHERE at night. They are the size of your hand, ~4-6 inches across, and
very aggressive! They are terrifying to someone like me who suffers from
arachnophobia!
I could hardly sleep after one of them chased me from my tent and had to be
put down with multiple shovel blows.

Michael Farmer