[meteorite-list] Any opinions on this meteorite

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 24 10:01:27 2006

Hi, Darren,

I have a few that appear very similar.

In mine, the bumps are beauty crisp chondrules!

The dark blobs surrounding the metal is oxidation stain.

If you cut it and have a look under a microscope (I give them a wetting with
isopropyl alcohol using a Q-tip as I view) you can see all this clearly.

The matrix is somewhat porous and friable, so a polish doesn't improve it
very much, except to take away the annoying excessive shine from the metal
flecks.

Cheers,
Pete