[meteorite-list] Kerala Red Rain Was From A Comet, Study Suggests

From: Mike Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 31 22:47:09 2006

http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID=%
7BEC0520F4-92DC-452E-AB55-AD89E642DF32%7D&CATEGORYNAME=National

While I find the idea of extra-terrestrial life, even cellular extra-
terrestrial life a fascinating subject, these red rain studies have
made such giant claims on the basis of such flimsy evidence! How
about a simple Oxygen isotope analysis to determine if it is extra-
terrestrial?

If these "cells" were biotic couldn't they be tested for amino
acids? And if so which ones, and what chirality? I think I read a
previous study that indicated that the material was strangely lacking
in nitrogen. If so how can these "cells" be biotic, let alone extra-
terristrial?

Sincerely,

Mike Fowler