[meteorite-list] AD - New Lunar NWA 4472 - and other Auctions Ending

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 15 12:06:05 2006

Dear List Members,

Later this afternoon I have the last five available slices of my new and
UNPAIRED "Mare Basalt-Granitic Breccia" lunar meteorite, NWA 4472, auctions
ending on eBay under my seller name, NaturesVault.

It has the very rare minerals "tranquillityite" and "zircon", along with
rare "granitic clasts" known in some Apollo mare breccias. Tranquillityite
was first identified in the interstitial, last crystallizing regions
(mesostasis) of Apollo 11 mare basalts. The Total Known Weight of NWA 4472
was just 64.3 grams in a single complete stone. After the type sample was
submitted, cutting/polishing losses and leaving a sizable 35.3 gram main
mass, there was not much available to collectors. Be sure to read about its
acquisition in the November 2006 issue of Meteorite Magazine!

Here is a photo of the 35.3 gram Main Mass of 4472:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4472/nwa4472mainmass1.jpg

Here are the direct links to the only five available NWA 4472 specimens:
5.212 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048846788&rd=1&rd=1
2.770 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048847278&rd=1&rd=1
2.428 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048847617&rd=1&rd=1
1.504 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048847929&rd=1&rd=1
1.158 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048848211&rd=1&rd=1

Here are some other excellent auctions of interest at great deals:

NWA 482 Lunar Part Slice with Crust 320mg (Great Deal !)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048853547&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 1195 Martian Part Slice 362mg (Currently at Pennies on the Dollar !!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048860990&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 1459 Olivine Diogenite (VERY LAST PIECE I HAVE !!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048862447&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 1877 Olivine Diogenite Fragment (Currently at Just 99 cents !)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048863789&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 2200 Lunar (Very Hard to Get !!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048867648&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 2999 Angrite 2.896g Complete Slice (The Real Deal !!! Almost Out !)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048880010&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 3151 Brachinite (Another Hupe Collection Original !! Going Cheap !)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048885469&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 3151 Brachinite THIN SECTION (Rare !!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048886524&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 3159 Vesiculated Plutonic Eucrite 10.7g (VERY LAST COMPLETE STONE !!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048888004&rd=1&rd=1
NWA 3171 Martian (VERY HARD TO GET, Almost Out !!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048891934&rd=1&rd=1

Along with the above special offerings, here are some links to a new H4 I
currently have on eBay that will end in a few hours:

NEW - NWA 4443 H4 with wonderful colored chondrules (only 6 specimens left
!!):
16.5 gram End Cut
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048849874&rd=1&rd=1
12.5 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048850570&rd=1&rd=1
10.4 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048851227&rd=1&rd=1
10.3 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048851878&rd=1&rd=1
9.4 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048852476&rd=1&rd=1
9.2 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180048853051&rd=1&rd=1

I have many other excellent auctions ending today including NWA 869-Paired
material, Unclassified Saharan 1-kilo Lots, Individuals and far too many
others to list here, many still at just 99 cents!!! Be sure to check all
that is available by eBay seller, NaturesVault. If anyone missed one of my
new NWA 4472 lunar Mare Basalt-Granitic Breccias on eBay, please feel free
to email me off list to discuss any of the unsold specimens.

Thank You for looking, bidding and enjoying my auctions!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection