[meteorite-list] Re: "Bessey Specks"

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 16:45:15 2006

Checking in, saw the following and wanted to provide a bit of proper
history:

The first person I know to have sold "specks" on a regular basis was
Blaine Reed who packaged exotic specimens in gelatin capsules. I was
inspired by Blaine's idea and took it one step further--
pharmaceutically-milled Zagami for the Mars Cube "The First
Interplanetary Collectible." Shortly thereafter Dean popularized
specks of all stripes and colors.