[meteorite-list] What to do with meteorite dust

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 19 03:44:20 2006

In a message dated 10/18/2006 9:14:37 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
epgrondine_at_yahoo.com writes:
Hi Dave -

So what you're telling Anne is that those little
plasic bullion trays are going to yellow? That's sad,
as the plastic would be safer than glass for the
children. It would also be easier to permanently
stick
the labels on them. Oh well -

Wouldn't glass slide mounts be better for Anne's
super thin sections? It would seem to me that for
serious study thin sections might be more useful than
larger thicker slices - what is good, about half a
chrondule thickness? How do you get them so thin?

good hunting,
Ed

Hello again,

Dave is talking about plastic cubes, probably lucite, made 25-30 years ago.

These holders are made of a hard acrylic.
My primary concern is to protect the thin-sections during shipping, so
glass-holders would not work. Those thin-sections are of the highest quality, and
mostly of rare classifications, so I want them safe and secure. But of course
 these holders can be use for storage so you keep the label with the
thin-section.

And, Ed, if you want to see what those thin-sections can show you, I'll be
glad to send you pictures.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com