[meteorite-list] Poll Results

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 19 05:08:37 2006

Hi Walter,

Perfect timing. The few have spoken and we have listened. I was going to
post my results later today but may as well do now also. Of the replies I
received, the majority want to know what is going on and appreciate and
"learn" by the exchanges, as uneasy and often times negative as they are.
The most prominent statement from each person was the fact they would like
to have "classified" material WITH a name or number (NWA, DAG, DHOFAR, etc.)
offered instead of "possibly paired to..." and the like. If the material has
been properly classified and is officially "paired" to whatever by a lab,
then that is what they strongly want by their emails to me. The other
prominent statement was that they do not like the obvious coat-tailing,
using of other's classified names/numbers, etc. The terms of "Lazy and
Reckless" were two common words used in association to these offenders they
mention in their emails. I couldn't agree more. The main and most important
phrase was to "...let the scientists do the pairing and not these lazy
freeloaders...".

I had one person suggest I be more clear in my emails during these exchanges
and another suggest I tone it down a notch. I appreciate their honesty and
forwardness that I asked for. In conducting the poll as did you Walter, I
feel I have learned from it and will work harder on self improvement which I
normally do anyway. It is good to have constructive criticism when
necessary, and I welcome it at any time (in private is usually best at first
if needed).

"Thank You" all who replied and may we all learn and grow as a community by
these "exchanges".

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe