[meteorite-list] Poll Results

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Oct 19 11:14:42 2006

Dear Greg, Walter, Stan, and other wanta-be paired too's;
I didn't give my full opinion...as it wasn't something I felt good about
but I had this other idea keep coming up.

 Why doesn't this issue include an IMCA opinion, as it is part of the
IMCA's mission to help keep the authenticity element there, wouldn't the
shirt tailing be some form of authenticity ....."paired like, paired to,
thought to be paired like-to, wanta-be paired to, could eventually be
paired to"; wouldn't it make some sense to get an IMCA opinion here?
If at least 1/2 the members involved, the IMCA could offer opinion on
the good 1/2. OOPS, the fully authenticated half. Shirt tail calls
should go for a yard sale price just like a car without a title, or a
horse with out a brand inspection.
I feel it degrades the dealer who tries to shirt tail just as it
degrades the whole collecting world when we start seeing too much public
squabbling and thus back to a qualified referee organization....IMCA.
If Stan is an IMCA member, it should have been taken there for
discussion and to see if a ruling was appropriate.
 I realize IMCA is not a meteorite police but, keeping the hobby and the
business in a clean-good public standing is important to us all.
Dave Freeman