[meteorite-list] Shady dealings with Bob Evans and Steve Arnold!

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 17:59:59 2006

Hi List,
Just thought everyone should be aware of the double
dealing these two have been involved in.

Last Wednesday evening(Oct 18, 2006) Bob Evans sent a
post to the Meteorite List with this heading.
[meteorite-list] Ad- Collection meteorites Oriented &
Iron with hole, Park Fores...

I immediately read his post and then looked at the
Canyon Diablo with a hole that he had for sale. The
Canyon D. looked good and so I hit the "Buy it Now". I
then paid via Paypal and the transaction was done.

After a few minutes I emailed Bob asking him to add
delivery confirmation and also to let me know when it
was shipped as I wanted to watch for it.

I left town on Friday (it was another Glorieta weekend
more on that later)still not having heard from Bob.

When I returned Sunday night I was shocked to see
Steve had sent it in as the "Rocks From Space Picture
of the Day" I then looked at Big Steves "Very brand
new updated meteorite site" and he has the very same
meteorite that I had bought and paid for. Its on his
new to his collection page.

Of course I emailed both but neither has replied! I
just checked my Paypal account and it does look like
Bob canceled my payment so I don't think I'm out any
money.

Just thought everyone should know.

p.s.
On the bright side some lucky person that actually
reads Big Steves ridiculous posts will get to buy it
a week or so at half the price!

Ruben Garcia