[meteorite-list] NWA 011 micro contest

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 2 14:18:20 2006

Hello Greg,

Thanks for the clarification, and if you really mean "much, much...much
lower than $1,000.00 per gram", then perhaps my initial estimate of its
value of $300/g is right on the money. I was laughed out of Terry
Boswell's Tucson room when I told him that $300/g was a fair price after
he and his partner Farrell proposed 10 times that amount per gram for me
($1000 for a third gram to be specific). I did hear he reduced his price
to $2000/g after that. It seems that's generally the rule though, 'wait
for the initial prices to fall', as they most often do. Maybe some of
you newer collectors can take advantage of this often learned lesson
from some of us longtime collectors who sometimes spent more than we
needed to.

David