[meteorite-list] Encyclopedia of Meteorites : New features

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 17:33:18 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:21:21 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

>Registering is part of our computer world. Didn't you
>register when you bought your PC

Nope.

>and regstered your
>Windows software,

Nope.

>didn't you register at your web
>provider ?

Only because I have to.

I haven't tried your site yet, so I'm not complaining about that (though if you
have to register just to view stuff at all, that is usually a sign for me to
move along from a site and not look back) but there is at least one meteorite
site that really annoys me. I don't know which one it is off the top of my
head, but the person is so paranoid about not having some of the text copied
from their descriptions, they did something to the site that made it stop
Windows from being able to use the clipboard while that site is open. Not just
not copy from those pages, no other running program is able to copy or paste
anything, either. If you have anything that you need to copy from any program,
you have to close down any browser windows showing that web site (and when the
problem started showing up every once in a while, it took me a while to figure
out what was happening). THAT is what I consider an offensive use of
"security".