[meteorite-list] Encyclopedia of Meteorites : New features

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 17:21:24 2006

Hello again to all of you,

I think this discussion is meaningless and we lose our
time.

If you want to get some information about meteorites
without registering, go to the Meteoritical Society
website.

My "Encyclopedia of Meteorites"' goal is to let
members add their own collection IF THEY WANT and
share pictures with others IF THEY WANT. I could have
made the viewing of meteorites files without
registration but I'm afraid most of the visitors
wouldn't have discoverer the collection management
feature and other cool things on the website.
Registering involves people to be interested by the
website.

I like constructive comments, I spent hundreds of
hours working on my FREE website. I really don't see
why it's so outrageous to ask people to register ?

To make a final point about the question of "why do we
have to register", I would say that you had to
register to the Meteorite-List to write to the List,
John, and didn't complain about it. There are many
bigger problems in our world and even more interesting
topics about meteorites to speak about.

Registering is part of our computer world. Didn't you
register when you bought your PC and regstered your
Windows software, didn't you register at your web
provider ?

Regards,

Pierre-Marie PELE