[meteorite-list] National Geographic Re-Airing "Ancient Astroid", the origins of Libyan Desert Glass

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

Jerry & list,

I didn't see the program (nor will I since we kicked
out the TV over 30 years ago---), so I'm not
completely qualified to respond. But quite often, I
see solved mysteries kept alive and milked well beyond
their expiration date.

With the discovery of the Kebir crater in exactly the
predicted target rocks a couple of years ago, I
accepted that we had a conclusion for the long-missing
source of Libyan Desert Glass.

If this new program presents something contradicting
this, I would be glad to hear of it. Otherwise, it's
old news for most interested people, which might well
explain a lack of response to your post.

Cheers,
Norm
http://tektitesource.com