[meteorite-list] Buck Mountains 003

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, question answered, and apparently no need to
have "another thread".

The reason there was a question about pairing was
because the entry in the MetBull for BM 003 didn't
include a comment, i.e. "Buck Mountains 003 is not
paired to Palo Verde Mine". Without such a comment it
has to be assumed that the editor of the MetBull
decided to leave that pairing issue as "still open".

Now, I'm wondering out-loud if there is anything
distinctive about the BM 003 stone at hand-specimen
size (megascopically, and not microscopically) that
would help a person in the field to distinguish
between PVM from BM from other L-chondrites at that
locality?

More than curious,
Bob V.