[meteorite-list] Is EBAY bidding fixed?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:08:05 -0700 (PDT)

It is not bid fixing, it is proxy bidding.
Let's say you have an item, a bidder puts in a bid of
$100.00 max bid. The item is currently at $45.00 and
they are high bidder, then you come along at the last
minute and put in a bid of $80.00., then the ebay
proxy bid automatically bids up to the $80.00. You
must then bid over their $100.00 bid to win.
It does not auctomatically place little bids, it goes
by the max bid.
Mike Farmer
I hav been buying and selling on ebay since 1995.