[meteorite-list] Is EBAY bidding fixed?

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:04:05 -0700

       Hi Mike,

    I'd like to start by saying I met you at the Tucson show and I know of
your meteorite hunting exploits and I have a lot of respect for you.
    My question still has not seemed to be answered. My concern is about
someone who bids over and over with no apparent competition. They single
handedly raise the price from $10.00 to $30.00 to $60.00 to $80.00, etc.....
    I'm not accusing anyone of anything, despite Dave's overly sensitive and
rude comments to me . I'm simply describing a phenomenon on EBAY (which I'm
new to) that makes absolutely *no sense* to me.
    If I get a good answer to my question from people on this forum, great.
If I don't, I won't melt.

    Regards,
             Greg Lindh