[meteorite-list] Large Meteor Streaks Across Sky in Hawaii

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:24:21 -0600

Well, if you had seen it, you probably would have called it a contrail
(and a lot bigger than a poi pounder, I'm sure <g>).

"We saw a glow going over us, just like an airplane."
For one to two minutes, the paddlers watched the object move across the
sky, leaving a trail of smoke before it disappeared behind Haleakala.

Here's a link with pictures: http://www.mauinews.com/story.aspx?id=29431

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory