[meteorite-list] Lunar diamonds (was Kalahari 008 and weathering)

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:57:43 -0500

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:29:59 -0500, you wrote:

>I don't really know "how they did it," but most brecciated lunar
>meteorites do contain grains of metal - metal from asteroidal
>meteorites that strike the Moon and that created the breccias in the

This makes me think of something I've been wondering about-- have any micro
diamond been found in lunar materisl (either meteoritic or Apollo)? Since some
large, high-speed impacts on Earth create diamonds, I'd think that they would
occur much more often on the moon, where every impact is a high-speed one.