[meteorite-list] Big chondruls preparation problem

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:17:44 +0200

Hello
I need help from someone who have big experience in polishing chondrites. I
have problems in preparation of large chondrules. Large I mean 5-10mm. I
have alredy specimen where I have 10mm chondruls and they broke all the time
when I try to polish them.
I tryed normal cyanopane glue on chondrule, then short polishing on flat lap
grid 1200, again glue, again polishing but as fast as glue get removed,
chondrule start broke and small fragment leave holes into chondrule surface.
Maybe there are any other special technique to polish them well ?

Chondrule is beautifull, with green crystals :)

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195