[meteorite-list] NWA 4883 Close-up Photos

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:14:55 -0500

Dear List and Maskelynite-rich eucrite lovers,

In my busy week, and after writing the description for my new
Maskelynite-rich Polymict Breccia Eucrite, NWA 4883, I forgot I had earlier
taken some very close-up photos of interesting features on a slice. Here
they are and worth a look:

NWA 4883 Images from a polished slice, magnification level indicated on
lower left of photos:

Possible vesicle or where metal has eroded away:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/nwa4883ves.jpg

Close-up of a eucritic clast next to matrix, interesting crystal structure:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/nwa4883mag1.jpg

High resolution of a different eucritic clast:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/nwa4883mag2.jpg

General matrix, could spend days exploring under a microscope!
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4883/nwa4883mag3.jpg

Enjoy!
Greg

Greg Hupe