[meteorite-list] Stuff

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:50:30 -0500

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:35:22 -0600, you wrote:

>It was not meant to offensive, but more of a comment on his stubborn refusal
>to look at tons of evidence that is so contrary to only his view.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

All I've seen Jason doing is wasting his time trying to have a logical
conversation with a zealot who will latch onto any "evidence", no matter how
preliminary, no matter how vague, and no matter how disputed, and embrace it is
absolute fact (not probability, not possibility, not conceivably) when it fits
his preconcluded positions. When faced with a question he doesn't like, the one
who Jason debates either 1.) ignores the question 2.) gives a tangental answer
or 3.) implies (or outright states) that anyone who doesn't draw the same
conclusion as him is stupid. Jason's only "stubborn" part was not noticing how
much of a waste of time his bothering with the poster in question was.

>Jason against the world. If you can't convince the world to adopt your way of
>seeing things, then maybe it's time for you to change your views.

If everyone followed your advice on that, everone would still be running around
naked trying to catch gazelle with their bare hands. You have just described
(and dismissed) the majority of all societal and technological progress that has
taken place in the human species.