[meteorite-list] Have another piece of pie

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:01:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sterling -

>It goes like this: "...comet impact which killed
about >90% of the people living in North America at
the time. >Most died due to hunger. But then,there's
not likely >to be any strewn field from that..." He
just bounced >through (in three sentences) the events
I have >spent(way too) many paragraphs connecting.

>Yes, it's an hypothesis, not a fact.

Its now a fact, not a hypothesis, despite the
disabilities of some people to accept the data. Thanks
for your intentions in spending your time trying to
educate Jason, but as I have not seen any effect from
your earlier efforts...

The impactite layer at 10,900 BCE has been
demonstrated by Kenneth's team. The climatic
consequences from that type of dust loading are well
estimated from the climatic effects of smaller dust
eruptions. We also have information on the climate
effects of other cometary dust veils to work from, for
which see the Cambridge Conference archives for the
period preceding 2004.

The 10,900 BCE climate estimate is confirmed by
mega-fauna die off and observed quarry utilization,
and once again, that is hard data.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas