[meteorite-list] Samples

From: Don Rawlings <psc2410xi_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:13:45 -0800 (PST)

Doug and listees:

I find it amazing that some dealers are only too
willing to destroy the beauty of an oriented meteorite
which is obviously a common type to get it classified
and then refuse to get a rare meteorite classified
because they think it "looks like" something someone
else has.

How is the collector, or his/her heirs, going to sell
that rare meteorite that was never classified? It may
seem like a bargain at the time to buy a field
classified meteorite but there will come a time when
it will most likely be considered worthless in the
secondary market.

Your advise is certainly sound.

Don

=== message truncated ===