[meteorite-list] Meteowrong anecdotes?

From: FERNLEA4 at aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:47:21 EST

<< I was wondering, have any of you been approached with any really
absurd meteowrongs? >>

Just one or two!
Here's my all time favourite meteowrong email..............

"On Mar 5 1989 at 705 pm, I was tooling north on HWY 71 in Loisiana when i
felt and heard a sharp snap that sounded like a bullet hitting. I got out of
the car and looked for bullet holes but didn't see any. I continued, on the
return i noticed one of my headlights was out. (It turned dark) In the am i
began replacing the headlight when i found the hole i had missed the last
night but the angle didn't look right. i stuck a 1/2 " dowel in the hole and
figured it had entered at about 5 degrees east and 10 degrees north. I removed
the headlight and found this little critter inside. The object had pierced
the headlight, bounced off the frame of the car and ended up inside the
headlight. I immediately suspected islamic terrorists, of course. (i was way ahead
of the curve on this, i spent time in the middle east) being forced to
abandon this theory (it required a muslem shooting a rock gun from a heilocopter)
 i concluded that it was a meteorite. had i been in a little more of a
hurry it would have entered at my clavicle and exited at my ...well never mind.
the picture is poor, it feels like it's made of metal and has little pits in
it. it's about 5/8".

i was hoping someone could tell me what it is. i keep it to remind me of the
fickle finger of fate. i found (on the web) some nickle iron ones that look
like it, course i found some nickle iron ones that didn't."

Can anyone beat that??

Rob Elliott
_www.meteorites.uk.com_ (http://www.meteorites.uk.com/)
Fernlea Meteorites,