[meteorite-list] Patterns in Meteorwrong

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:24:12 -0800 (PST)

  I have found what looks similar to widmanstatten pattern in metal parts especially rail car parts that have received years of pounding under the pressures involved with towing cars weighing around 263k lbs with a string of 30 or more cars I imagine there is a lot of force involved. Most of the ones I have observed are parallel lines radiating from the impact point. I will have to check back thru my junk pile to see if I can find any . I am sure there are probably some metalurgist around here that can direct you to more information on stress fractures in metal.
  Best regards
  Steve

Be a PS3 game guru.