[meteorite-list] Tucson 2007, Harvey Award

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:06:21 -0600

Hello Everyone,

Just made it back from Tucson tonight, with a brief stop at Roswell, New
Mexico on the way and the Grand Canyon afterwards.

I was greatly humbled with a Harvey Award this year for my website and work
with the Kansas Meteorite Society and I would like to express my thanks to
Steve Arnold and Geoff Notkin for their kind words and the honor. While I
feel outclassed by many of fellow award winners, I hope to live up to the
honor bestowed upon me.

I would also like to thank Steve, Geoff and Phil for their work in the field
and media in Kansas the last 18 months, much of which the meteorite
community does not know about. I do believe that it has helped opened doors
for the Kansas Meteorite Society, which is reflected in a very busy schedule
for us the next four months. Keep up the steller work guys, it is
appreciated.

I would also like to thank my good friend and fellow Kansas Meteorite
Society co-founder Jerry Calvert. It took a few efforts to get the KMS
rolling and I could not have done it without you. The award will get a
place of honor in one of my cabinets and I dedicate it you. Thanks for being
you.

I have over 2000 e-mails to sort through, so if you are one of them, as many
of you are, please give me a few days and I will get them knocked out as
soon as possible.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas