[meteorite-list] Ensisheim meteorite tkw compilation

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:33:55 +0100

Dear list,

First thanks many of you who sent me the masses of Ensisheim meteorite
fragments you owe in your collections, for the compilation we are trying to
achieve since a time.
Even the smallest masses do contribute to a total that is slowly
increasing, although this preliminary compliation is far from being
complete. But we will be updating this first list on a regular basis.
I wish to thank more particularly J?rn Koblitz for his valuable help in
providing the most recent data from his last MetBase version, that remains
a fantastic source of information.

Please find the list below, hoping it will be more easy to decipher than my
preceding compilations.
You can note that there is now only one weight per institute or collector,
although I had received often more than one (up to 5) often different
numbers for each meteorite home.

I have selected the most likely weight based on the most recent data I
received or had on hand. Variable numbers basically concerned institutes or
museums, from which only old data were available from very different
sources. These still badly need an update but it is really not easy to
contact these people.

May I encourage you to continue to send me new data, additions and
especially corrections, mostly (I believe) related to your own collections.
More specifically, if you have selective remarks or corrections regarding
your own data as listed here (not only weights but sometimes addresses),
I'll be glad to collect them as promptly as you can, just because we wish
to print that list very very soon, as it is, onto the program sheet of the
next Ensisehim show that will be distributed to all the attendees next June.

If your remarks can be collected within the forthcoming hours (say, within
the next two days at the latest), we could include them and modify the
compilation list accordingly.

Warm thanks to all of you in advance.

Best wishes,

Zelimir
------------------

Ensisheim meteorite weights, owned by different institutes or held in
private collections, as compiled by Zelimir Gabelica (France).

Last update: February 7, 2007
----------------

Place (country), name (nb. of pieces, if known) MASS (g)
(NB: private collections: in italic)

Ensisheim (F), Mus?e R?gence 53,831
Paris (F), Mus. d'Hist. Nat 10,200
London (UK), Nat. Hist.
Mus. 911
Berlin (D), Mus.Humboldt
Univ. 906
Vienna (A), Naturhist. Mus. 660
Malta (MN, USA), M. Cilz colln. 416
T?bingen (D), Min.-Petrogr. Inst 315
Washington (DC, USA), U.S. Nat. Mus. 235
Uppsala (S), Univ. Mus. 210
Tempe (AZ, USA), Arizona State
Univ. 209
Brussels (B), Inst. Roy. Sci. Mus. 191
Z?rich (CH),
ETH 189
Modena (I), Min. Inst.
Univ. 177
Tucson (AZ), R. Haag coll. 176
Karlsruhe (D), Univ. Mus. 142.0
Cambridge (UK), Univ.Mus. 133
Chicago (IL, USA), Field Mus. N. Hist. 115
New York (NY, USA), Amer. Mus. N. Hist. 112
G?ttingen (D), Min. Inst. Univ. 111
Paris (F), Alain Carion coll.(4) 102
Stockholm (S), Naturhist.
Riksmus. 80
Troyes (F), Mus. d'Hist. Nat. 79.1
Calcutta (In) Mus. Geol. Surv.
India 77
Copenhagen (DK), Univ. Geol. Mus. 77
Basel (CH), Naturhist.
Mus. 76
Strasbourg (F), Min.
Mus 74
Dresden (D), Min. Geol.
Mus. 73.4
Oxford (UK), Univ.
Mus. 71
Kankakee (IL, USA), J.Schwade coll. 66
Prague (CZ), Nar. Mus. 51.5
Rome (I), Vatican Observ.
coll. 46.31
Buenos Aires (RA), O.A. Turone
coll. 44.01
Bremen (D), J. Koblitz
coll. 42.3
Honolulu (HI, USA), J. Murakami coll. 45g
Oeschgen (D), Beat Booz
coll. 38.5
Paris (F), ?cole des
Mines 38
Hamburg (D), Mus. Min.-Petr.
Inst. 36.1
Moscow (RU), Acad.
Sci. 34
Turin (I), Univ. Mus 32.0
Harvard (MA, USA) Univ. Min. Mus. 27.0
Pocatello (ID, USA), M. Horejsi coll. 28.2
Freiberg (D), S?chs.
Bergakad. 28
Bonn (D), Min. Mus.
Univ. 26.9
Augsburg (D). D. Heinlein coll. 26.5
Moscow, Min. Mus. Geol. Inst. 26
Bern (CH), Phys. Inst.
Univ. 24.5
Gifhorn (D), R. Bartoschewitz
coll. 24.3
Aachen (D), Nat. Mus. 24.0
Peekskill (NY, USA), A. Langheinrich coll.(2) 23.5
Tucson (AZ, USA), M. Farmer coll. 21.10
Cambridge (UK), Harvard Univ. 21
Bern (CH), P. Marmet coll. (6) 19.418
New Haven (CT, USA), Yale, Peabody Mus. 18.0
Budapest (H), Nat. Mus. 17.5
Waremme-Oleye (B), Z. Gabelica coll. 15.82
Waldkirch (D), R. & Michael Buckler coll. 15.5
Z?rich (CH), J. Nauber
coll. 14.3
Greifswald (D), Geol. Dept.
Univ. 14.0
Ottawa (CN), Mus. Geol. Surv. Canada 14.0
Toronto (CN), P. Herrmann coll. 13.4
Hillsboro(OR, USA), R. Wezel coll. 12.82
Braunschweig (D), Techn. Univ. 12.5
Canberra (Au), Austr. Nat.
Univ. 12.5
Kazan (Ru), Min. Mus., Ulyanov Univ. 11.7
Tallinn (Es), Geol. Inst. Acad.
Sci. 11
Moscow (Ru), Geol. Mus., Ac. R. Econ. 11
Belgrade (Sr), Nat. Hist.
Mus. 11.0
Cluj (Rm), Min. Mus. Univ. 10.5
M?nster (D), Min. Mus. Univ. 10
Gotha (D), Mus.
Naturk. 9.0
Sch?nenwerd (CH), Bally-Prior Mus. 9.0
(MA), R. Kempton (NEMS) sales stock (16) 9
Los Angeles (CA, USA), UCLA Mus. 8.8
Grenchen (CH), T.Stuedi coll. 8.5
Algonquin (IL, USA), DuPont coll. 8.0
Freiburg (D), Min.-Petrogr. Inst. 7
Machecoul (F?), Guibert coll. 7
Rome (I), Inst. Min.
Mus. 7.0
Denver (CO, USA), F. Olsen coll. (15) 6.850
City ? (D), S. Kambach coll. 6.84
Bologna (I), Min. Mus.
Univ. 6.53
City ? (CO, USA), Fred Hall coll. (2) 6.377
Wroclaw (PL), NH Museum 5.98
Heidelberg (D), Min. Inst. Univ. 5.9
City ? (USA), Peter Scherff coll. (2) 5.25
Philadelphia (PA, USA) Acad. Sci. 4.9
San Ramon (USA), T. Toffoli coll. 4.9
Beaufays (B), R. Warin coll. (2) 4.54
Fort Worth (TX, USA), TCU., Monnig coll. 4.3
Sierra Vista (AZ, USA), J. Schrader (2) 4.05
Heidelberg (D),
Max-Planck-Inst. 4.1
Helsinki (SF), Geol. Mus.
Univ. 4.0
Jena (D), Min. Inst.
Univ. 4.0
St. Petersburg (RU), Mining Mus. 4
Chicago (IL, USA!!), S. Arnold coll. 3.7
(Austria), C. Anger coll. 3.376
Habsheim (F), A. Devilliers coll. 3.32
Stuttgart (D), Staatl. Mus. Naturk. 3.2
Trento (I), M. Ianeselli coll. 3.2
Bern (CH), Naturhist. Mus. 3.1
Tokyo (JP),
NIPR 2.3
City ?(CO, USA) M. Morgan coll. 2.7
Tessera (I), M. Chinelatto (2) 2.06
Tucson (AZ, USA), E. Olson
coll. 2.05
Weimar (D), Goethe Mus. 2.0
City ? (State?, USA), D. Hardy coll. 1.8
Freiburg (D), J.Otto coll. 1.7
Denver (CO, USA), F. Frazier coll. 1.68
Bologna (I), R. Serra coll. 1.63
Bologna (I), Astron. Observatory 1.6
Utrecht (NL), Lab. Geofis. Geochem. 1.5
Li?ge (B), Univ. Mus. 1.4
City ? (State?, USA), T. Webb coll. 1.389
Warwick (RI, USA), C. Devine coll.(3) 1.346
Riverside (CA, USA), S. Drummond coll. 1.342
Buenos Aires (RA), E. Jawerbaum coll. 1.136
Colville (WA, USA) A. Gayda coll. 1.1
City ? (F), P.M. Pel? coll. 1.08
Norman (OK, USA), F. Buler (2) 1.024
Pirmesens (D), H. Strufe coll. 0.854
Linger (L), G. Heinen coll. 0.85
Duluth (MN, USA), B. King coll.(2) 0.84
Stade (D), A.Seidel coll. 0.8
Ketsch (D), B. Pauli coll. 0.773
City ? (State?, USA), F. Cressy coll. 0.62
Oegstgeest (NL), G-J Netjes coll. 0.51
Gloggnitz (D?), Franger coll. 0.5
Eichstetten (D), N. Classen coll; 0.356
Helsinki (SF), F. Janik coll. 0.3
Leonding (A), H. Raab coll. 0.3
City? (CH), J. Courtois coll. 0.22
Pittsburgh (PA, USA), D. Pensenstadler coll. 0.2
Indianapolis (IN, USA), B. D. Hornback coll. 0.1
Evansville (IN, USA), R. Bourland coll. 0.05

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace
ENSCMu, Lab. GSEC,
3, Rue A. Werner,