[meteorite-list] www.venusmeteorite.com - what are your opinions on this claim

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:40:59 -0800 (PST)

> Could your Martian impact scenario apply to ejecta
> from Mercury?

Probably but you've no atmospheric effects to account
for.

You've got a big potential well to climb out of mind.
Fine, you've got the Yarkovsky effect to help you out
but it's a big ask. I don't know where I read this or
who calculated it, but I remember reading that with
all the variables (including difficulty finding them)
no more than 15kg of mercury meteorites are likely on
earth. One of these days I'll take copies of this
kinda thing.

> I was wondering if there would there be any
> ablation at all on the outbound martian rock,

Regardless of Mars' characteristics, It's gonna need
7km/s to get off the planet and that's gonna cause
ablation, unless there is an undetermined process by
which it can escape without it. Sterling's method for
low shock ejecta may well do the job and I like it.