[meteorite-list] Mesosiderite?

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:13:56 -0800 (PST)

It could be the mesosiderite that is floating around
morocco and sold under lots of different NWA names but
its hard to tell from your photo which is a bit
blurry.
See my ebay auction #190083328614 and 190083293199
which has better photos that you can compare yours to.
The second one of my auctions is an unusually nice
specimen of this mesosiderite and most are like the
first photo. You occasionally find big chunks of metal
also.
If you have a strong rare earth magnet you will notice
that the mesosiderite is much more strongly magnetic
than an H chondrite also. So much more strongly
magnetic that you wouldent really mistake one for the
other.
Hope this helps
Cheers
DEAN