[meteorite-list] Larry's Holbrook Holy Grail Find and Bob Haag's Venus Stone

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2007 18:11:00 UT

Hello Moni and List,

Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Dave Andrews wrote to the List:

Hi List, The Adamana or "Venus Stone" was found in the Adamana landfill.
Near the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert boundary. (about 15 miles NE of
Holbrook on I-40). Evidently someone just didn't want it anymore or didn't
know what they had. It was found by a rancher target practicing with his
0.22 rifle. With the selling of the piece to Bob, I heard he purchased a
new mobile home to live in. I have one of the casts, and it looks very real.
It looks so real, that I think I'll put it up on eBay with a $15,000 reserve.
(just kidding :o) Regards, Dave

I got one of these casts too many years ago and they do look real!

Best wishes,

Bernd