[meteorite-list] [SPAM] Larry's Holbrook Holy Grail Find and Bob Haag's Venus Stone

From: DNAndrews <dna1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:48:22 -0700

Hi Bernd and Moni,
Wow! Bernd must save everything in his database (which is worth a
fortune in itself). Since 1999, I found out that this story is not
entirely true. It wasn't found in a landfill as Bob H. mentioned in his
catalogue. Instead, it was found in a horse corral when the owners of
the ranch were cleaning it out. (So I'm told). They set it on a fence
post and a passer-by, (whom will remain nameless for now), asked if he
could have it. The owners just gave it to him. He then sold it Haag
for the sum stated below. Those owners of the ranch (whose wife works
with my girlfriend) sold it a while ago, but they may be foreclosing on
it and get the land back. So this is the scenario I'm hoping for.

Bob lists his Adamana or "Venus Stone" as an L6...same as Holbrook.
Coincidence? Maybe....maybe not. Plotting it on the map looks quite
possible to me.

Best,
Dave