[meteorite-list] Graphite Nodule 1429g - surprize

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 00:54:48 +0100

Hmm.
I have write in my last email that Im in progress of cutting my 1429g
specimen of CD Graphite Nodule.

I start cutting and ........ damn this not work. This piece of graphite with
some veins of iron is hard like......... urelite ? All pieces that I have
cut before was very easy to cut, even my 452g specimen that I have cut
yesterday.

To cut slice in this one I need 20+ minutes. The reason of that cound be
that this nodule is full of nano diamonds ? Anyone have any more experince
in this matter ?
Im very curious what this specimen have inside, becouse on slices I not see
anything unusual.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195