[meteorite-list] Dave Shiflett-- no fan of the brenham

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 01:13:48 -0600

Hi,

    As to what is on the minds of the "hairdo's,"
er, I mean, the reporters, that's anybody's guess.
Maybe a hint can be found in the little blurb on
the KCET video site, where this segment is
described: "Adam Rogers finds a meteorite in
Kansas." Is that the best description of the
"news" story? Say, didn't that Arnold guy
actually "find" those meteorites? Details,
mere details...
    Where were those headlines in the 1940's that
read: "Edward R. Murrow finds Luftwaffe in Skies
over London"? Or "Walter Cronkite Finds War in
Vietnam"? The "story" is supposed to be about
"the story," fellah.
    Editors? What editors? TV has only producers,
not editors.
    Kudos to Steve and Geoff for their successful
ju-jitsu in getting as much of the reality into the piece
as they did. It's a performance skill, and they
performed the job very well.
    Encore, encore.

Sterling K. Webb