[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for onecent.4.779 kilogr...

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 02:59:51 -0600

Hello Dave and list,

I differ with much of your opinion here Dave and do not understand the anger
you seem to have against the IMCA, which was NOT formed to be a self
appointed police force.

I think that you desire something from the IMCA that would be impossible
from the Meteoritical Society who has 100+ times the IMCA funds and many
times in membership. That is to police the world.

The IMCA has educated dozens and dozens of eBay sellers and the honest
sellings have removed meteor-wrong auctions. The IMCA has booted members
that don't give "a damn about authenticity, integrity, and honesty." The
IMCA has helped as a "middle man" between buyers and sellers of dozens of
occasion.

The IMCA is young and still has a lot of growing room. Many of the most
trust worthy meteorite collectors and dealers are part of its membership.
Despite how the list may appear at times, 95% of meteorite collectors are
good people. To hold grievances against the organization for the 5%, who in
this case is a booted IMCA member, just seems a little off to me.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick