[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for one cent.4.779 kilograms.

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:03:29 -0500

Hi Dirk and List,

Ah, I see I didn't make the change to these older unsold lots when I
re-loaded them earlier this morning. If you look at one of the last
paragraphs, I had made this change ready for the start of next week's
auctions:

"Oxygen isotope results were obtained at the Carnegie Institution in
Washington D.C. Further studies are underway on NWA 2828 including bulk rock
chemical analysis at the University of Cologne, and attempted measurement of
terrestrial age using carbon isotopes at the University of Arizona. The
Total Known Weight (TKW) for NWA 2828 is officially recorded as 34,186 grams
consisting of many stones. With pairings, the combined weight is in access
of 100kg."

I was sent a direct link to the abstract which mentions the pairing numbers
and but it does not seem to work as a link because of some difficulty with
the hosting site. We went round and round last month trying to make it work,
but had to settle without the link. I am sure a quick Google search for "NWA
2828" will result in finding the abstract which is the same as I posted to
the list earlier.

I will have to go back to the eBay auctions and make the changes when I get
done with some other duties here.

I would not agree with your statement that there is "...another 1000kgs..."
of this material. When this was first thought (and classified) to be an
aubrite, I was in Morocco no less than every 30 days buying up all of the
"blue" or "fresher" material (NWA 2828 at the time). Even with the
realization and work of Drs Tony Irving and Ted Bunch, among others, the
more weathered material combined with the fresher blue material did not
amount to that much. I saw first hand what was available, what I bought
and/or left behind (none of the blue that I saw).

Anyway, we could ramble on for days (again), but I think this horse has been
beaten, rode hard and sent out for collectors to consider.

Happy Trails!
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection