[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for onecent.4.779 kilograms.

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:29:56 +0000

>First, I heard that Stan originally got about 70 kilos of the brown
>material before it was known to be paired and thought to be an EL6/7. So,
>congratulations to Stan for his mountain of "Rare" enstatite. Second, even
>if the TKW for pairings is "around" 1000kg, "EL3" Enstatites are still
>"Very Rare". I don't get what the big deal is?? What is the "Officially"
>declared, and in the bulletin, TKW for NWA 2965?

the tkw is just recored as ">100 kg" - otherwise i pretty much have to agree
with greg - the rarity of a metoeirte is not entierly dependant upon it's
tkw

after all there is what - nearly 1100 kg of norton county and i consider
myself lucky to have a 200g piece of it. heck not even haag can brag about
having a piece thats even 1 'measly' kg...